When I first began homeschooling, I chose to use a lot of Charlotte Mason's ideas, which I did enjoy. Once I was led to TJEd, I decided to only keep the "dictation" idea for spelling, grammar, sentence structure, etc. We have a wonderful book with a collection of short, meaningful passages from mostly classics, that Hannah has to write in both print and cursive. It has not only helped her spelling but it has drastically helped her penmanship. Her cursive is beautiful, especially for a 10 yr old.
Every week she gets a new passage to work on. Together, we read the page and talk about the lesson it is trying to teach us. We have wonderful talks this way and it truly has opened up many areas of interest for her.
I feel that it is a valuable part of our homeschooling so I thought I'd pass it along.
Here's the link. If you click on it, the page will give you a brief description about the process and how it helps the child in their schooling.
http://simplycharlottemason.com/2010/10/13/copywork-transcription-dictation-language-arts-part-7/
Celeste <3
No comments:
Post a Comment