Every six months...
- ...we do our "Six Month Purge", which is when I go through the house and get rid of excess stuff. At this time I also go through all of our books, movies, music, etc., to ensure that they are all "classics" in my point of view. Do they have good values, morals, teachings? Are they quality items that should be allowed to fill our home & life? This is an area where I'm constantly working on because I'm a "keeper". I love to keep stuff, especially if I feel it has sentimental value. I will be doing another Six Month Purge within the next few weeks so I'm hoping for at least 5-6 bags of donation items.
- ...we do our "Six Month Goals", these are the areas of personal study that we'd like to focus on for the next six months. Each of us have a special binder that we keep our "Six Month Goals" in and we review them every morning during our Family Planning Meeting. Here are some of my current goals that I'm presently working on....Reading the Spanish Book of Mormon (this will obviously roll over into the next set of Six Month Goals), taking an online photography class, reading at least 7 classic books, write at least once a week in my journal, and working on the book I'm trying to write. I try to schedule myself personal time during the day to work on some of these areas but I'm finding the best time is in the morning before the kids are awake.
- ...I do our "Six Month Schedule", which gives me an overview of what I'd like for us, as a family, to accomplish within the next six months. It includes areas such as my vision for the year, our family project, the subjects I'd like to teach on, our field trips, a list of the books we'd like to read as a family, arts & craft ideas, things to cut out (every life can get too busy if we aren't willing to cut things out), service project ideas, etc. I love brainstorming and see what fun things I can come up with to do with the kids. I'll share some on later posts :)
- ...I do our "Six Month Inventory", which is where I analyze the books on the "Learners Bookshelf", see what school supplies I have, double check the items I have in the "Learners Closet", and figure out what needs to be replenished or purchased for upcoming topics of study.
I'm really excited to share some of the ideas from my "Six Month Schedule" so I'll be posting on that really soon!!
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment