One of the best things I've came across by borrowing books from the local library is the "Let's Read and Find Out" science books. They come in levels 1 & 2 and are filled with lots of facts and fun experiments.
I initially had borrowed the "Volcanoes" book from this series from the library. I decided after reading it the first time that I wanted my own copy for our "Learners Book Shelf". I went on Amazon, of course, and found that there are MANY MANY books in this series!!
I ended up purchasing lots of these wonderful books instead of just the one I had initially went on there for. I did stay with the same author, which was Franklyn M Branley, but the series has several other authors. Now that we have all of Branley's books, I'm going to be branching out into the others.
I absolutely love how they use basic words and phrases to explain not so basic subjects. Both Hannah and Gabe love listening to me read these books. And my favorite part are the simple, fun experiments we can do directly after reading the book. I love to see the "ah-ha" moments on their faces as they connect what I had just read to what they're currently seeing. The "Oh I get it" look appears on their faces!! Priceless!!
Needless to say, the kids will be getting several more of these for Chirstmas. I highly recommend these to EVERY mother out there...whether you're a homeschool family or not, these should be on your families book shelf!!
Check them out...you won't regret it!!!
<3

No comments:
Post a Comment